We are searching for a Senior Back-End Developer/Architect to join our engineering team in our Billerica, MA office. The successful candidate will be a hands-on senior developer/architect with experience architecting, designing, and developing highly scalable and distributed solutions (local and hosted). The right candidate will play a significant role in designing and implementing our product through all back-end layers (data models, databases & ORM, message buses, adapters, and services).
The ideal candidate is well-versed in multiple languages and frameworks and has experience building back-end capabilities composed of numerous moving parts accessed/utilized via APIs and SDKs.
- Design/build fast and easy-to-use middleware for a distributed environment with a diverse user population.
- Design data models/schemas for SQL and time-series databases.
- Architect reusable back-end components and abstractions.
- Articulate reasons behind important design decisions, give and take constructive feedback.
- Work on API gateways.
- Manage projects/tasks in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Ensure project work is on-time and on-budget without sacrificing quality.
- Passionately research trends and best practices, and emerging technologies and leverage findings daily.
- Be confident and proud of your/our work, both internally and externally, and be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
A successful candidate will have many of the following:
- 5+ years of back-end development experience
- Experience with distributed, microservice architectures
- Experience with API Gateways
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with ORM such as Prisma/TypeORM/Sequelize
- Strong understanding of databases such as PostgreSQL and Timescale/InfluxDB
- Languages: Strong experience with Python, Golang, shell/bash script
- Linux distributions: Experience with multiple Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, RHEL/Centos, SUSE, Fedora, Debian
- Container workload placement: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with config management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Cobbler, Salt, Foreman, MAAS
- Prior experience with CI/CD tools, including Git, Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory
- Knowledge of Software Packaging – Debian, RPM, tarball
- Agile Project Tracking – Jira, Confluence
- Packaging – VMware, Docker, Docker Compose, Podman, Kubernetes
- Code Validation – Pytest, Jest, TSLint, Karma, Junit
- Ability to pass a competency assessment for coding
- Configuration Management – Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Saltstack
- Build Automation – Jenkins, Make, cMake, Gulp
- Apache Spark/Scala